Director: Mr. P. Beukes
The core function of this directorate is to ensure sound financial management.
This directorate consists of the Chief Financial Officer as head of the Directorate with the sections, Financial Services, Expenditure, Income and Supply Chain Management.
This directorate also deals with:
- Financial planning and reporting
- Financial management of assets, insurance of municipal assets and bank reconciliations;
- Financial management of investments and loans
- Compilation of financial statements and cash flow projections
- Compilation of statistics and reports and
- Financial arrangements regarding project claims and costing.
- Provision of financial advice to the mayoral committee, council and departments.
Information in terms of Section 75 of the Local Government Municipal Finance Management Act (56/2003) Concept: