Executive Mayor Easter Message
Council adopts Oversight Report 2015/2016
In accordance with Section 129 (1) of the Municipal Finance Management Act the Council of ZF Mgcawu District Municipality considered the Annual Report and Oversight Report 2015/2016 at its Council meeting held on 30 March 2017. At this meeting, Council adopted both the Oversight Report 2015/2016 and the Annual Report 2015/2016 without reservations.
Oversight Report 2015/2016-Click here to read/download
Annual Report 2015/2016-Click here to read/download
Sale of Obsolete Assets
Health Awareness Day
Environmental Health was invited to participate in the Healthy Life Style Focus week, a program initiated by the Department Health.For the sake of the program, Environmental Health focused on healthy lifestyles, with the emphasis on living in a healthy environment be it in homes, work places or a neighbourhood. Approximately 110 community members were reached during this campaign at the Sarah Struass Clinic in Rosedale.
Tips for staying healthy in your environment
- Drink safe water.
- Avoid raw and uncooked meats. Eat only thoroughly cooked meat products.
- Avoid food that has been exposed to prolonged room temperature. Why is it important?
- Seperation of cooked and raw foods.
- Thorough hand washing and why?
- Maintaining a cold chain. What is it?
- Avoid food that is not prepared hygienically being it at home, a restaurant or at street vendors.
- Street vendors selling meat/ food or take aways should be in possesion of a Certificate of Acceptability.
- Avoiding domestic and wild animals that are behaving strangely.